Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Life Is Fucking Short & Youth Is Fucking Fleeting!



Sometimes hardcore still feels alive, dangerous even. Like it has meaning and the power to actually change something. Even if it's just the life of that one kid in the crowd who's first hardcore show this is and has no fucking idea of what's going on except he's having his mind blown by the intensity of it all. I know it makes me want to scream and jump on my couch still. Hardcore can be just some stupid powerchords, mosh parts and breakdowns, or it can be about feeling something, experiencing something, about community, shared experiences, bringing people together and opening up to eachother. This video falls into the latter category, and I think it's fucking awesome.
7 Generations covering Trial's Reflections with Greg Bennick going off about suffering and the urgency of life and embracing your suffering and embracing the joy of life and reaching out for life and grabbing it by the throat. Right here, right now!

And it's giving me goosebumps and making me want to stagedive on my couch!! Go!!

In the words of Goethe:

He Only Earns His Freedom And His Life Who Takes Them Everyday By Storm.

Fuck yeah!!